Protocol may also come in other levels and be sorted as needed by the d-type, typically into groups such as high, medium, low and no protocol. An example of levels of protocol is The Estate Protocols of House Tanos.
Used in vanilla and informal situations.
- A continuous reminder of service and its responsibilities
- Permitted casual behavior, yet with specific boundaries.
- Recognition of station, orders, demands and requests in an invisible and unobtrusive fashion.
- Behavior which reflects my intentions and desired interaction on a personal and professional level
- Awareness of accountability, despite the temptations offered by casual behavior and independence.
For most public BDSM scene environments, and during play scenes.
- Prioritize decisions in the appropriate context
- The time and place for degrees of casual behavior
- Consistent ground rules of action and responsibility
- Awareness and anticipation of my needs, wants, and desires- and those of other respected Dominants in my company as a priority
- Focus on BDSM priorities, no matter how long or strenuous the time spent in Middle Protocol
Normally used for short periods or during longer punishments.
- Complete attention and focus, no matter what the distractions.
- Absolute and instantaneous obedience, without delay, hesitation or question.
- Decision-making and priorities are NOT part of High Protocol; the servants wants, needs and desires are suspended.
- All extraneous movement, speech, and thought are unacceptable. If High Protocol is in effect, concentration is demanded.
- Awareness that every move, answer and behavior is being carefully scrutinized and judged.